Are you passionate about ecology and the environment?
Do you want to support delivery of ecological surveys and reports whilst developing your career with an exciting company?
Our continued success means that we are looking for a range of skilled ecologists with a range of experience from graduate to principal to join our expanding team in one of our UK southern offices: Exeter, Newport, Portsmouth or Haywards Heath.
We are looking for candidates with an ecology-based degree (or equivalent) with existing experience in industry working as an ecologist who is motivated and keen to progress their career.
You will support our projects, by delivering a range of ecology-based tasks and assisting in all survey work from planning and implementing surveys to completion of ecology reports such as Preliminary Ecological Appraisals Ecological Impact Assessments, Ecological Management Plans and method statements. Many of the projects will relate to our framework success with the Environment Agency in the southeast, but we also have a diverse portfolio of development and planning projects.
Due to expansion in the South of England, we can also offer additional opportunities for the right candidates to progress as Project Managers and Team Leaders. So if you have the drive, we will provide the opportunity for you to progress your career.
Your Skills & Experience
You will need to have a good all-round knowledge of protected species and designated habitats with a keen interest in developing your current skills. You will also have excellent interpersonal skills and be an effective verbal and written communicator.
We would be keen to talk to people who share our vision in delivering compliant schemes that seek to maximise biodiversity gain and reduce carbon effectively.
We are looking for highly motivated, organised and conscientious individuals, who demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm for ecology. You must be used to working in a team and collaborating with Clients
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant ecology/biology-based subject.
- Extended Phase 1 habitat surveys.
- Protected species surveys.
- Site supervision/support.
- Working towards CIEEM membership/Member of CIEEM.
- A full UK driving licence.
We would also be interested to see skills and experience in some of the following:
- Environmental Permit and Consent Applications.
- Biodiversity Net Gain Metrics.
- Protected Species Licencing.
- EPS Licence Holder.
- Knowledge of Nature Based Solutions.
- Habitat Restoration/Creation.
- Preparation of protected species and INNS Method Statements.
- Experience of writing thorough and complex reports and assessments, such as HRA stages 1-4 and Environmental Statement chapters.
- Commercial and Financial Management.
JBA supports agile working which provides for greater flexibility with the way that we work.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Glenn Langler on 01444 473652.