Are you looking for a new challenge working on some of the most high profile and exciting flood and coastal risk management (FCRM) projects in the south of England? If so, then come and join JBA Consulting as a civil engineer working within our new delivery team based in our new offices in Lakeside North Harbour, Ground Floor Building 1000, Western Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3EZ.
If you are a dynamic and driven FCRM civil engineer, we have an exciting and unique opportunity for you to develop your career working within our new engineering design team. We are looking for civil engineers ranging from graduate through to senior chartered who have a real enthusiasm for the design and delivery of coastal and flood risk management schemes. As a design engineer you will be working alongside scheme appraisal and environmental specialists with a shared passion for developing and delivering innovative solutions to flooding and the impacts of climate change.
We have been appointed to the Environment Agency’s Collaborative Delivery Framework (CDF) in the south-east since 2019. Working together with the Environment Agency and civil engineering contractor Volker Stevin, JBA is supporting delivery of flood risk management, environmental, and navigation projects and providing incident management response across Kent, Sussex and Hampshire.
This is an opportunity to work on the largest portfolio of FCRM projects in the south of England. You would support delivery of the long-term programme of work through the CDF and regionally in your new hub, based in the Portsmouth area.
Roles available include:
- Graduate Engineer
- Engineer (Some experience required)
- Senior and Senior Chartered Engineer
- Principal Engineer
You will have a passion for the delivery of coastal and flood risk management schemes and have the skills and drive to provide our clients with the professional service and technical excellence they have come to expect from JBA.
We are an employee owned company and a people business, our staff are our greatest asset. Above all else we are looking for people who share our values and wish to share in our success.
So why should I join JBA?
- Unique opportunity to work in a new flood and coastal civil engineering design team.
- An 100% employee-owned business with staff wellbeing and development at the centre of all we do.
- Innovation driving us forward.
- A friendly, rewarding and stimulating place to work.
- An excellent salary and wider benefits package, including opportunity of a new starter bonus.
- Flexible working.
- Rapid growth offers rapid opportunity for career development. No two days are the same.
- Our new offices in Lakeside North Harbour, Ground Floor Building 1000, Western Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3EZ
Your skills and experience:
- Varying levels of experience working in the FCRM sector required
- Depending on the seniority of role applied for, some experience working as a civil engineer on FCRM Projects is desirable.
- Depending on the seniority of role applied for, some experience working as a project manager on FCRM Projects is desirable.
- An excellent communicator.
- A passion for delivering a high quality service.
- Chartered or working towards chartership.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, then please contact Alex Fyffe (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an informal discussion.
We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexible working and who may not meet all the listed requirements.