Are you looking for a new challenge working on some of the most high profile and exciting flood and coastal risk management (FCRM) projects in the south of England? If so, then come and join JBA Consulting as an FCRM Practitioner specialising in scheme appraisal and the development of business cases, working within our new delivery team based in the Portsmouth area.
If you are a dynamic and driven experienced FCRM practitioner or just starting out and have an interest in developing skills in this area, we have an exciting and unique opportunity for you to develop your career working within our new business case and appraisal team. We are looking for candidates with experience or interest in coastal and flood risk scheme appraisal, ranging from graduate through to senior chartered. You will be working alongside civil engineers and environmental specialists with a shared passion for developing and delivering innovative solutions to flooding and the impacts of climate change.
We have been appointed to the Environment Agency’s Collaborative Delivery Framework (CDF) in the south-east since 2019. Working together with the Environment Agency and civil engineering contractor Volker Stevin, JBA is supporting delivery of flood risk management, environmental, and navigation projects and providing incident management response across Kent, Sussex and Hampshire.
This is an opportunity to work on the largest portfolio of FCRM projects in the south of England. You would support delivery of the long-term programme of work through the CDF and regionally in your new hub, based in the Portsmouth area.
Roles available include:
- FCRM Practitioner (2+ years’ experience)
- Senior and Senior Chartered FCRM Practitioner
- Principal FCRM Practitioner
You will have a passion for the delivery of coastal and flood risk management schemes and have the skills and drive to provide our clients with the professional service and technical excellence they have come to expect from JBA.
We are an employee owned company and a people business, our staff are our greatest asset. Above all else we are looking for people who share our values and wish to share in our success.
So why should I join JBA?
- Unique opportunity to work in a new flood and coastal scheme appraisal team.
- An 100% employee-owned business with staff wellbeing and development at the centre of all we do.
- Innovation driving us forward.
- A friendly, rewarding and stimulating place to work.
- An excellent salary and wider benefits package including opportunity of a new starter bonus.
- Flexible working.
- Rapid growth offers rapid opportunity for career development. No two days are the same.
- Portsmouth area.
Your skills and experience:
- 0 to 10 years’ experience working in the FCRM sector.
- Depending on the seniority of role applied for some experience in delivery of appraisal and business case development for FCRM Projects is desirable. For senior roles project management experience may also be beneficial.
- An excellent communicator.
- A passion for delivering a high quality service.
- Working towards or already a Chartered Engineer, and/or Water and Environmental Manager and/or Environmentalist.
- A Better Business Case Practitioner qualification would be an advantage for senior roles but is not essential.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, then please contact for an informal discussion.
We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexible working and who may not meet all the listed requirements.