Are you looking for a new challenge leading some of the most high profile and exciting flood and coastal risk management (FCRM) projects in the south of England? If so, then come and join JBA Consulting as the Appraisal and Business Case Lead for our new delivery team.
If you are a dynamic, visionary and driven flood risk management professional with a passion for the delivery of scheme appraisal and business cases (SOC through to FBC), we have an exciting and unique opportunity for you to build, develop and lead a new appraisal and business case team. The team will comprise FCRM appraisal and business case specialists and you will be working alongside engineers and environmental specialists with a passion for developing and delivering innovative solutions to flooding and the impacts of climate change.
We are appointed to the Environment Agency’s Collaborative Delivery Framework (CDF) in the south-east since 2019. Working together with the Environment Agency and civil engineering contractor Volker Stevin, JBA is supporting delivery of flood risk management, environmental, and navigation projects and providing incident management response across Kent, Sussex and Hampshire.
This is an opportunity to work on the largest portfolio of FCRM projects in the south of England. You and your team would support delivery of the long-term programme of work through the CDF and regionally in your new hub, west of the region.
You will have the drive and nurturing personality to build, support and mentor your team and provide our clients with the friendly service and the technical excellence they have come to expect from JBA.
We are an employee owned company and a people business, our staff are our greatest asset. Above all else we are looking for somebody who shares our values and wishes to share in our success.
So why should I join JBA?
- Unique opportunity to set up and lead your own appraisal and business case team.
- An 100% employee-owned business with staff wellbeing and development at the centre of all we do.
- Innovation driving us forward.
- A friendly, rewarding and stimulating place to work.
- An excellent salary and wider benefits package including new starter bonus.
- Flexible working.
- Rapid growth offers rapid opportunity for career development. No two days are the same.
- East Dorset, Hampshire, West Sussex and surrounds. You will work with us in determining the best location for our new hub.
Your skills and experience:
- 5+ years working in the FCRM sector.
- Experience as the appraisal and business case lead of FCRM Projects.
- Project Management experience, managing multi disciplinary projects.
- An excellent communicator.
- The ability to support, nurture and inspire others.
- A passion for delivering a high quality service.
- A Chartered Engineer, and/or Water and Environmental Manager and/or Environmentalist.
- A Better Business Case Practitioner qualification would be an advantage but is not essential.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, then please contact Graham Kenn (email@example.com) for an informal discussion.
We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexible working and who may not meet all the listed requirements.
If would like to apply for this role then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as a reference.