Are you looking for a new challenge leading some of the most high profile and exciting flood and coastal risk management (FCRM) projects in the south of England? If so, then come and join JBA Consulting as the Engineering Design Lead for our new delivery team based in our new offices in Lakeside North Harbour, Ground Floor Building 1000, Western Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3EZ.
If you are a dynamic, visionary and driven FCRM civil engineer, we have an exciting and unique opportunity for you to build, develop and lead a new engineering design team. The team will comprise civil engineers, specialising in scheme design and you will be working alongside scheme appraisal and environmental specialists with a passion for developing and delivering innovative solutions to flooding and the impacts of climate change.
We are appointed to the Environment Agency’s Collaborative Delivery Framework (CDF) in the south-east since 2019. Working together with the Environment Agency and civil engineering contractor Volker Stevin, JBA is supporting delivery of flood risk management, environmental, and navigation projects and providing incident management response across Kent, Sussex and Hampshire.
This is an opportunity to work on the largest portfolio of FCRM projects in the south of England. You and your team would support delivery of the long-term programme of work through the CDF and regionally in your new hub, west of the region.
You will have the drive and nurturing personality to build, support and mentor your team and provide our clients with the friendly service and technical excellence they have come to expect from JBA.
We are an employee owned company and a people business, our staff are our greatest asset. Above all else we are looking for somebody who shares our values and wishes to share in our success.
So why should I join JBA?
- Unique opportunity to set up and lead your own civil engineering design team.
- An 100% employee-owned business with staff wellbeing and development at the centre of all we do.
- Innovation driving us forward.
- A friendly, rewarding and stimulating place to work.
- An excellent salary and wider benefits package including new starter bonus.
- Flexible working.
- Rapid growth offers rapid opportunity for career development. No two days are the same.
- East Dorset, Hampshire, West Sussex and surrounds. You will work with us in determining the best location for our new hub.
Your skills and experience:
- Robust experience of working in the FCRM sector
- Experience as the civil engineering design lead of FCRM Projects.
- Project Management experience, managing multi disciplinary projects.
- An excellent communicator.
- The ability to support, nurture and inspire others.
- A passion for delivering a high quality service.
- A Chartered Engineer.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, then please contact Alex Fyffe (email@example.com) for an informal discussion.
We welcome applications from those who are seeking flexible working and who may not meet all the listed requirements.
If would like to apply for this role then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as a reference.